Data protection information
Welcome to our website and thank you for your interest in Kontrapunkt. We are serious about protecting your personal information. Below we will tell you how we process your data. Please read the subsequent data protection information carefully.
- Name and Contact Details of the Controller (Party responsible for processing Data) as well as the Agency’s Data Protection Officer
This data protection notice applies to data processed by the Controller
KONTRAPUNKT AGENTUR FÜR KOMMUNIKATION GMBH
Goldbekplatz 2, 22303 Hamburg (Germany)
Phone: +49 40 27 84 76 – 0
Fax: +49 40 27 84 76 – 11
Kontrapunkt’s data protection officer can be contacted at the a.m. address, person in charge: Mr Olaf Mangliers, or at www.datenschutzbeauftragter-hamburg.com.
- Collection and Storage of Personal Data as well as Nature and Purpose of the Processing and Type of Personal Data and how we use them
- a) When you visit our website
When you call up our website, the browser you use on your device will automatically send information to the server of our website. A so-called log file temporarily stores this information. The following information will be automatically collected and stored until it is automatically erased:
- IP address of the requesting device
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the file accessed
- Website from where the site is accessed (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, your device’s operating system as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the data mentioned above for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the site loads promptly,
- to ensure that our website is user-friendly,
- to evaluate system security and system stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
We process data pursuant to the provisions of Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter f) General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]. Our legitimate interest is based on the data processing purposes listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected to try to identify individuals.
- b) When you use our contact form
If you have any questions or require more information, you can contact us via a contact form provided on our website. To use it, you must provide a valid email address so that we know who sent the enquiry as well as to reply to it. You can provide more information on a voluntary basis.
We process your personal data for the purpose of getting in touch with you in accordance with the provisions of Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter a) GDPR based on your voluntary consent.
The personal data we collect when you use the contact form will be automatically erased after we have processed your enquiry.
- Disclosure of Data
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes other than the ones listed below.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties only if
- you have given your express consent to it as provided for in Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter a) GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter f) GDPR, disclosing the data is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest in not having your data disclosed to third parties that requires protection;
- pursuant to Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter c) GDPR, we are legally obligated to disclose them; and
- this is lawfully permitted and, pursuant Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter b) GDPR, necessary for the performance of contracts with you.
Cookies store information collected in relation to the specific device used. Cookies are not used to identify you personally.
To optimise user friendliness, we also use temporary cookies that will remain on your device for a set period of time. When you revisit our site to use our services, our server automatically recognises you from a previous visit and remembers what you clicked on, any information you have entered and settings you have made while browsing our site so you won’t have to give that information again.
The data processed by cookies are necessary to pursue our legitimate interests and those of third parties as provided for in Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can alter the settings in your browser to prevent it from accepting and storing cookies on your computer or to notify you each time before a new cookie is placed. Please note that if you choose not to permit cookies, the services and features available on the website may not function as intended.
- Web Analytics Tools
Website tracking tools
We use the website tracking tools listed below in accordance with the provisions of Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter f) GDPR to make sure that our site is meeting the needs of its users, to continuously improve user experience and to gather data on the usage of our website for statistical purposes. We use these data to evaluate and help improve our services. These interests are deemed legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The website tracking tools contain information about the respective purposes of the processing of personal data and categories of personal data.
- browser type/ browser version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previous site visited),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server enquiry,
is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the USA. The information is used to evaluate the use of our website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the purpose of market research as well as to make sure our internet pages are meeting the needs of our users. The information can be transmitted to third parties if this is legally required or if third parties process the data on behalf of other parties. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data held by Google. IP addresses will be anonymised; it is not possible to identify users (IP masking).
You can set your browser so that you automatically deny the storage of cookies, however please note that the services and features available on our website may not function properly or be accessible.
You can prevent the data of how you use our website which the cookie generated (incl. your IP address) from being collected, transmitted to and processed by Google. Just go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de and download and install the add-on for your web browser.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular for browsers used on mobile devices, you can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by clicking the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de to download and install an opt-out cookie. The cookie prevents your data from being collected when you visit this website in future. The opt-out cookie only works for this browser and our website, and it is placed on your device. If you erase the cookies in this browser, you must install the opt-out cookie again.
Go to Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de) for more information on Google Analytics and data protection.
- Social Media Plugin
Based on the provisions of Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter f) GDPR we have installed a Facebook social networking plugin on our website to promote our agency. The underlying commercial purpose is deemed a legitimate interest within the meaning of GDPR. The provider of the social media plugin is responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection regulations. We have embedded a two-click social media button on our website to ensure that visitors are only tracked by social networking websites if they explicitly opt-in.
We have added Facebook social media plugins, such as the LIKE or SHARE button, to our website to personalise its use. The buttons are offered by Facebook.
When you load a page of our website that contains a Facebook social media plugin, your browser connects directly to Facebook’s servers. Facebook sends the content of the plugin directly to your browser which loads it on the web page.
By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has called up the respective page of our website even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not logged into Facebook. Your browser sends information about your visit (including your IP address) directly to a Facebook server in the USA where it is stored.
If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can directly assign information about the web page you’re visiting to your Facebook account. If you click on the plugins, for example the LIKE or SHARE button, the respective information will be sent directly to a Facebook server and stored there. On top, the information is published on Facebook and your Facebook friends can read it.
Facebook may use this information for advertising and market research purposes as well as to customise the Facebook pages. Facebook builds user, preference and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website in relation to the advertisements you see on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services related to your use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected on our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before you visit our website.
- Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right,
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to obtain from us information concerning the processing of your personal data. In particular you are entitled to receive information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period of storage of your personal data, the existence of the right to request from us rectification, erasure, restriction of or the right to object to processing your personal data, the existence of the right to file a complaint, information as to the source of your personal data if they were not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and obtaining from us meaningful, more detailed information about it;
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to demand from us to rectify without delay any inaccurate personal data or complete incomplete personal data retained by us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to have any personal data retained by us erased unless we need to process your data to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to demand from us to restrict the processing of your personal data insofar as you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, the processing of your data is unlawful however you do not want them erased [but request the restriction of their use instead] and we no longer require your data however you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or you have filed an objection to the processing of your data on the grounds of Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to obtain from us the personal data you provided us in a structured, common, machine-readable format or demand their transmission to another controller;
- pursuant to Article 7 Abs. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your consent given to us at any time. When you withdraw your consent, we will stop processing the data your consent refers to; and
- pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, to file a complaint with a regulatory authority, usually with the regulatory authority in charge at your place of residence or place of work or the place the office of our law firm is located.
- Right to object
Insofar as your personal data are processed based on the legitimate interests [pursued by the controller or a third party] as provided for in Article 6(1) 1st sentence letter f) GDPR you have the right, pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or to object to the processing of your data for direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object which we will comply with without you having to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw or your right to object, simply send an email to email@example.com.
- Data Security
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption, the industry standard technology, on our website in combination with the highest level of encryption that your browser supports (usually 256-bit SSL encryption). If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 encryption. You can verify if an individual page of our website is protected by SSL. Just look out for a closed padlock icon in your browser bar, which indicates that the page uses the SSL protocol.
In other respects, we use appropriate technical and organisational security methods to prevent your data from being accidentally or wilfully manipulated, partially or fully lost, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties. When we collect and process personal data, the information transmitted is encrypted to prevent any data abuse by third parties. Our security methods are continuously improved and updated to meet the latest technological standards.